If you forgot your user login password, it is no easy to access the Windows XP operating system . You should create a password reset disk to prevent being locked out in case the password is lost.
To create a password rest disk:
1) Insert a blank floppy disk into drive.
2) Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
3) Double-click on your account name.
4) On the left side of the window, under Related Tasks, select Prevent a forgotten password. A wizard will pop up and walk you through the process of creating the password recovery disk. If the related tasks does not show up you are not double clicking on the user account or you are using a LAN with domains.
Creating a password disk when using domains:
1) Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Security dialog box.
2) Click Change Password.
3) In the “Log on to” click on the down arrow to select local XP machine.
4) Click Backup to open the Forgotten Password Wizard. If you don’t see the Backup button you did not select the computer in step 3 correctly.
5) Click Next and then follow the instructions as they appear on the screen.
You will be prompted to crete a new password. Remember, anyone who has the password reset disk can access the system, so don’t forget to store your disk in a safe place!
If you don’t have a password reset disk when you forgot the password, you may try the Windows Password Recovery Tool .