It is to forget a part of human nature. Fortunately there are ways a password check online, if she will forget. Yahoo! Messenger is one of the many instant messaging programs, and it offers a thorough and secure method to retrieve a forgotten password. After answering questions that only you should know will be able, give your account a new password.
- Click “Forgot Password” under the password box on Yahoo! Messenger. This will open your web browser to a Yahoo! support page to start with the password resetting process.
- Select “I forgot my password” and click “Next.”
- Enter your Yahoo! ID. You can enter your full Yahoo! email or just the first half of it (without the “@yahoo.com”).
- Enter the CAPTCHA code underneath and click “Next.” CAPTCHA codes keep your account safe from computer bots trying to gain access to your information. If you cannot see the code, you can click “Need audio assistance” to listen to the code or click “Can’t read this code” for a different randomly generated code.
- Select the option to reset the password. Choose the email address you provided as your alternate address to have the reset password emailed to you or click “I can’t access any of the above” to get it through the web browser. Click “Next” when done.
- Answer the security questions you chose if you selected “I can’t access any of the above.” Click “Next” after each one. If you chose to receive the password by mail, open your email and select “Reset My Password.”
- Enter your new password in the boxes that appear and click “Next.” You will then be brought to a web page where you can change your password retrieval options, but your password has already successfully been changed. This page is optional.