- Forgot Windows XP password or got it hacked by others?
- Internet security is based on a “weakest link” principle, and passwords are often the only thing standing between a hacker and access to your computer. If your password is weak, you make it quite easy for someone else to break in. If you password is strong, you might forget it easily then in the end you will lose access to your computer too. If you are Windows XP user, you will be quite pleased after you read this article, since in the following there are solutions introduced to solve the Windows XP password forgotten problem.
Solution 1: Directly remove the forgotten XP password on safe mode.
This is the easiest way to remove Windows XP password since you can log in Windows XP without password and do not need any password software. This is because Windows XP has a default built-in Administrator account with empty password which was created when Windows XP was installed, so this is a good and safe way to remove Windows XP password if no change for default settings of the built-in Administrator. Follow the steps below:
1. Restart the locked computer and boot it from safe mode.
2. On log on screen, click the Administrator and leave its password column blank to log on to Windows XP.
3. Now you can easily and quickly remove your forgotten Windows XP password from “Start->Control Panel->User Accounts” easily.
(Note: Any change to the defaulted administrator will make the forgotten XP password removing process in this way a failure.)
Solutions 2: Quickly reset the forgotten XP password with Windows Password Reset Std.
Compared with solution 1, this solution requires you to get a Windows password reset tool—Windows Password Reset Std and also to find an accessible computer as well as an empty CD/DVD. You may think to prepare for the above things are quite complex, actually you are wrong since using this magic tool to reset your forgotten Windows XP password won’t cost you more than 2 minutes and almost all the operations are automatic. Feel curious about it? Then let’s see how this solution works:
Step1: Download and install. Download, install and run the free Windows Password Reset Std to an accessible computer. (Not the locked computer)
Step2: Burn a password reset disk. Insert a blank and writable CD/DVD to the computer and clicking “Burn CD/DVD” to start burning a password reset disk. Once the burning finishes, take out the CD/DVD.
Step3: Start to reset forgotten XP password with the password reset disk. Insert the burned CD/DVD to the target PC and set this PC boot from CD/DVD. After that, start XP password bypass with the burned password reset disk in 2 clicks.
- Source: http://www.windows7password.net/go/purchase/