- Turn the ThinkPad T30 off, then turn it over so that the closed screen faces down. Disconnect the power cable.
- Pull the release latch next to the battery pack, and lift the battery out of the computer using the indentation next to the release latch for leverage. In the corner of the empty battery compartment, see a second small, circular battery inside a plastic holder. A wire connects the battery to the ThinkPad T30 logic board.
- Remove the plastic battery connector from the logic board, being careful not to pull the wires themselves.
- Unscrew the Phillips-head screwdriver connecting the plastic battery holder to the inside of the ThinkPad T30 battery compartment. Remove the battery and holder together.
- Reconnect the power cable and turn the ThinkPad T30 on. The computer should boot fully without asking for a password. Turn the computer back off.
- Reconnect the round battery and place the primary battery back into its compartment.