Heres a quick and dirty way to reset the password on the Toshiba Satellite A205 BIOS.
Warning! You can only use these tips on your own Toshiba computer if you forgot password, but not other person’s computer!
DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU ARE THE OWNER OR YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED TO. Warn any clients that something could go wrong with this procedure. THIS IS A RISK!
(You do this at your own risk. You do this at your own liability. I will not be held responsible if something goes wrong.)
Now that I’ve said that, I will add that this method did work for me on an A205-S5814 and has been reported to work on (A205-S4707, A205-S4639, A215-S7425, A215-S7425, and a A205-s5804)
- Power the laptop off, remove the battery and power cable.
- On the bottom of the laptop, locate the memory bay, and remove the cover plate.
- Peel back the black sticker on the motherboard (set that aside, and remember to return it when you’re finished)
- Locate two solder joints labeled XXX in one of the corners. (we’ll return to those in a minute)
- Set the laptop on its side, so the screen is open to prop it up, and the power jack is facing up.
- Insert one of your ram modules.
- Plug in the laptop and turn it on.
- If it turns on and prompts for a password then continue, if it does not, then power it off, and move the ram module to the other slot and try again.
- Turn the laptop off.
- Hold a small flathead screwdriver onto those two soldier joints, shorting them.
- Turn the laptop on while you’re shorting those two soldier joints.
- It should boot. You can remove the screwdriver, power the laptop off, replace the other ram module (don’t forget that sticker), cover plate, and battery. Turn on the laptop, it should boot up!
TLDR: Short solder joints labeled XXX under memory bay to clear password.
Post your results in the comments below. Good luck!
What is Next ...Buy Password Recovery Bundle $29.95 (90 days money back guarantee) Download Password Recovery Bundle
Recover your lost password for over 80 different types of passwords.