So you lost your Windows XP user password? You can try your best to remember XP account password, such as:
- * your name?
- * a loved one’s birthday?
- * something from your childhood?
- * a pet’s name?
- * your home or office address?
- * the name of a friend or family member?
- * a frequently dialed telephone number?
- * a favorite food?
- * a combination of any of the above?
Still Can’t Find Your Windows XP Password?
If you’ve given it your best shot but that all-important Windows XP password is still hiding somewhere in your mind, then it’s time to try something a bit more technical.
Don’t worry – There is a easy way to recover the password.
Windows password recovery tool is a software program designed to recover or reset/delete your Windows XP password. It can sometimes be difficult to use but if there’s no hope of remembering the password and you can follow some simple directions, Windows password recovery tool is life saver.
Notes: You need a Windows XP Password Reset disk. If you don¡¯t have created it before, you should use the Windows Password Recovery Tool to burn a reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
Step 1. Download the Windows Password Recovery Tool
Step 2. Create a Windows XP Password Reset disk
Run this soft, insert a blank cd/dvd or usb flash drive. Follow the step-by-step guide to burn a Windows XP Password Reset disk. You can burn it to a cd/dvd or USB, it depends on your personal condition. After burning successfully, you get a password reset disk. Now insert this password reset disk into the locked computer which you lost Windows XP Password.
Step 3. Set the bios config to boot from cd/dvd or usb
- 1. Start your locked Windows XP Computer, press Del or F2 button while the computer is initalizing. The initial startup screen may be similar as this image. If you do that, you may see the bios config screen.
- 2. Go to the boot menu and change bios setting to make it boot from cd/dvd or usb firstly.
- 3. Press F10 to save your changes, then restart this computer.
- 4 . After restart, the computer will automatically load Windows password Recovery Tool and you can start to reset Windows XP Password.
Step 4. Recover Windows XP Password with the password reset disk.
- 1. Choose the Windows XP Installation if you have more than one OS in this computer.
- 2. All Windows XP users will be listed. Select the user name which you forgot its password, click reset button.
- 3. A dialog box will be pop-up, click Yes to confirm reset, then this Windows XP user password will be reset to blank.
- 4. Eject the password reset disk, and restart you computer, login Windows XP with a blank password.